Fabrizio Zampolli joined the Economics for Latin America & the Caribbean unit in September 2016. Before that, he was acting head of Macroeconomic Analysis (2015-16), principal economist at the Representative Office for Asia & the Pacific in Hong Kong SAR (2014-15) and a senior economist (2009-14). Before joining the BIS, he was an economist in the Monetary Assessment and Strategy Division and a policy adviser in the External Monetary Policy Committee Unit of the Bank of England. He also worked in the External Development Division and the Monetary Policy Strategy Division of the ECB. He holds a PhD from the University of Warwick and a Laurea in Economia e Commercio from the Catholic University of Milan.
Fields of interest
- International economics
- Econometrics and mathematical methods
|Date||BIS research papers|
BIS Working Papers No 606
Monetary independence in a financially integrated world: what do measures of interest rate co-movement tell us?
BIS Papers No 88
Other authors: Enisse Kharroubi
BIS Working Papers No 553
Other authors: Ryan Niladri Banerjee
BIS Working Papers No 552
BIS Working Papers No 534
BIS Working Papers No 415
BIS Papers No 65
BIS Working Papers No 352
BIS Working Papers No 300
BIS Quarterly Review December 2009
Other authors: Madhusudan Mohanty
- " The ties that bind: monetary policy and government debt management" (with J Chadha and P Turner), Oxford Review of Economic Policy, vol 29, no 3, 2013, pp 548-81.
- " Optimal monetary policy in a regime switching economy: the response to abrupt shifts in exchange rate dynamics", Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol 30, no 9-10, 2006, pp 1527-67.
- " Optimal policy in Markov-switching rational expectations models" (with A Blake), Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol 35, no 10 , 2011, pp 1626-51.
- " The real effects of debt" (with S Cecchetti and M Mohanty), Federal Reserve of Kansas City, Economic Symposium Conference Proceedings, Jackson Hole, 2011, pp 145-96. Also published as BIS Working Papers no 352.
- "The future of public debt: prospects and implications" (with S Cecchetti and M S Mohanty), in S Gokarn (ed), Challenges to central banking in the context of financial crisis, Reserve Bank of India, 2011. Also published as BIS Working Papers no 300.
- " Household debt, house prices, and consumption in the UK: a quantitative theoretical analysis of recent developments" (with M Waldron), Bank of England Working Paper, no 379, 2010.
- " The role of money in the economy and in central bank policies" (with G Carboni and B Hofmann), in L Papademous and J Stark (eds), Enhancing monetary analysis, European Central Bank, Chapter 1, 2010.
- " The rise in home prices and household debt in the UK: potential causes and implications" (with M Waldron), in S Smith and B Searle (eds), The Blackwell companion to the economics of housing: the housing wealth of nations, Chapter 5, 2009.
- " The role of household debt and balance sheets in the monetary transmission mechanism" (with A Benito, M Waldron and G Young), Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin 2007 Q1, pp 70-8, 2007.