Terms and conditions of use
© Bank for International Settlements ("BIS")
Use of this website constitutes agreement by users of this website ("Users") with the following terms and conditions.
- Except where expressly stated to the contrary, all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the publications and statistical data available on this website (together "BIS Material"), in the names, acronyms and logos of the BIS, and with respect to the "look and feel" of this website, are owned by the BIS. Except as outlined below, all rights are reserved.
- Users may use BIS Material on the following conditions without obtaining written permission from the BIS:
- Users may download, display, print out, photocopy or redistribute any BIS Material for non-commercial purposes.
- Users may reproduce a limited extract of BIS Material (other than the statistics displayed under the "Statistics" tab) in other publications or products free of charge, provided the BIS is cited as the source and, with respect to translations, a statement is included that the translation is not an official BIS translation. By way of guidance, a "limited extract" means any extract of not more than 400 words of text or two tables or graphs and the underlying data made available by the BIS, and in any case not exceeding 10% of the relevant publication.
- Users may use the statistics displayed under the "Statistics" tab in accordance with the terms set out under the heading "About BIS statistics".
Any proposed use of BIS Material as described in (b) above which does not meet the above conditions requires written permission from the BIS. Please send a permission request to the BIS at Service.MED-Publications@bis.org. Please see the approval guidelines which need to be satisfied before permission will be granted.
- Users who maintain an external website may include electronic links to the BIS website, as long as this:
- does not infringe the intellectual property rights of the BIS, in particular with respect to its names, acronyms and logos; and
- is not misleading, for instance by implying endorsement by or affiliation with the BIS.
- The BIS is an international organisation which fosters cooperation among central banks and other agencies in pursuit of financial and monetary stability. It has no supervisory or regulatory functions or responsibilities. Its banking services are provided exclusively to central banks, monetary authorities and international financial institutions. The BIS does not accept deposits from, or provide banking services or advice to, private individuals or companies.
- The BIS does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose of any information or material on this website. Under no circumstances shall the BIS be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense suffered in connection with reliance by any person on any such information or material.
- Nothing on this website shall be construed as containing any investment recommendation or advice, or as constituting an offer or invitation by or on behalf of the BIS to subscribe for, purchase or sell any shares, securities or other financial instruments.
- Except where expressly stated to the contrary, the views stated in any material on this website are those of the named authors thereof and are not necessarily those of the BIS or its member central banks.
- References in any material on this website to specific companies, products or services do not imply that they are endorsed or recommended by the BIS in preference to similar companies, products or services that are not mentioned.
- The designations used and the presentation of material on this website do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the BIS concerning the legal status of any country, area or territory or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
- This website may contain electronic links to other websites. This does not imply any endorsement or responsibility on the part of the BIS with respect to the opinions, ideas, data or products presented on other websites.
- Under no circumstances shall the BIS be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense suffered in connection with the use of this website, including (but not limited to) any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay.
- Through the use of various technological tools - including, but not limited to, cookies, tags, beacons and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses - the BIS may collect information about Users' browsing history as well as certain other information related to Users' use of and visits to the BIS website.
- The BIS may also collect information that personally identifies Users ("Personally Identifiable Information") when Users provide such information to the BIS, including Users' user ID, name and e-mail address. Furthermore, in administering its e-mail or newsletter service, the BIS may use Personally Identifiable Information for the purpose of personalising and improving the usability of the BIS's site and services. By continuing to use this website, Users consent to the use of their information, including their Personally Identifiable Information, as outlined herein.
- The BIS may at any time without notice:
- add to, update or modify material on this website; or
- limit access to or discontinue the whole or any part of this website.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall constitute a waiver of any of the privileges or immunities of the BIS in any jurisdiction.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Switzerland.