2017 ISI Regional Statistics Conference, Bali, Indonesia: Overview of IFC organised meetings
Invited Paper Sessions (IPS)
IPS 06: "Financial Inclusion"
Chair: Hock Chai Toh, Central Bank of Malaysia
- Bruno Tissot and Blaise Gadanecz, BIS: "Measures of financial inclusion - a central bank perspective" (paper) (presentation)
- Beatrice Timmermann and Philipp Gmehling, Deutsche Bundesbank: "Financial inclusion and the G20 agenda" (paper) (presentation)
- Zarina Abd Rahman, Central Bank of Malaysia: "Measuring Financial Inclusion in Malaysia - Unlocking shared benefits for all through inclusive finance" (paper) (presentation)
- João Cadete de Matos and Luís D'Aguiar, Bank of Portugal: "Assessing financial inclusion in Portugal from the central bank's perspective" (paper) (presentation)
- Gastão de Sousa, Central Bank of East Timor: "Encouraging financial inclusion in a new nation - The experience of the Central Bank of Timor-Leste" (paper) (presentation)
IPS 09: "Sectoral Financial Accounts for Monetary Policy Making"
Chair: Gülbin Şahinbeyoğlu, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey
- Christine Annuss, Deutsche Bundesbank: "German households' portfolio decisions and balance sheet dynamics from a monetary policy perspective" (paper) (presentation)
- Naoto Osawa, Sayako Konno and Ai Teramoto, Bank of Japan: "Revisions of Estimation Methods for Cash Holdings by Households and Corporations in Japan's Flow of Funds Accounts" (paper) (presentation)
- João Cadete de Matos and Lígia Maria Nunes, Bank of Portugal: "Upgrading Financial Accounts with Central Balance Sheet Data - What's in it for central banks' policy?" (paper) (presentation)
- Joel Mokoena and Barend de Beer, South African Reserve Bank: "Development of the South African institutional sector accounts" (paper) (presentation)
IPS 13: "Payment System Data and leading indicators"
Chair: João Cadete de Matos, Bank of Portugal
- Christian Dembiermont, BIS: "Recent developments in payment systems" (paper) (presentation)
- Luís Teles Dias and André Cardoso Dias, Bank of Portugal: "Money talks - Nowcasting real economic activity with payment systems data" (paper) (presentation)
- Rodrigo Oliveira-Soares and Hanna Häkkinen, European Central Bank: "New statistics for monitoring the integration of payment services in Europe" (paper) (presentation)
- Farida Peranginangin Bank Indonesia: "Payment System Statistics to Support Policy Formulation in Indonesia" (paper) (presentation)
IPS 23: "Enhancement in Monetary and Financial Statistics in the post Great Financial Crisis"
Chair: Aurel Schubert, European Central Bank
- Bruno Tissot, BIS: "Enhancing global financial statistics after the crisis: the BIS response" (paper) (presentation)
- Sebastian Grünberg, Deutsche Bundesbank: "AnaCredit - Overview and implementation from an NCB's point of view" (paper) (presentation)
- Jean-Marc Israël and Rodrigo Oliveira-Soares, European Central Bank: "Using the zoom lens in banking statistics" (paper) (presentation)
- Luís Teles Dias and António Jorge Silva, Bank of Portugal: "Upgrading monetary and financial statistics in the wake of the financial crisis - There's life beyond aggregate data" (paper) (presentation)
Other contributions of BIS members at the ISI RSC 2017 Plenary Session:
- Eli Remolona, BIS: "The new cross-border finance in Asia" (presentation)