Terms of permitted use of BIS statistics
The statistics published by the BIS are a unique source of information about the structure of and activity in the global financial system. They are compiled in cooperation with central banks and other national authorities.
The use of the statistics is unrestricted, provided that:
- if the statistics are reproduced, the BIS must be cited in your publication or product as the source of the statistics;
- if the statistics will be translated into another language, a statement must be included in your publication or product that the translation is not an official BIS translation;
- your use of the statistics must not be potentially misleading, for example by implying endorsement or affiliation with the BIS or any body affiliated with the BIS;
- if the statistics will be used in a commercial publication or product, their inclusion in the publication or product will not result in any additional charge to subscribers or other users;
- the BIS does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness or fitness for any contemplated purpose of any statistics on this website. Under no circumstances shall the BIS be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense suffered in connection with reliance by any person on any such statistics; and
- nothing in these statistics shall be construed as containing any investment recommendation or advice.
No other use is permissible.
The BIS reserves the right to alter these terms at any time.