Goetz von Peter
Since joining the BIS in 2004, Goetz von Peter has worked in all three research groups of MED, served on one international committee, and recently joined the International Data Hub. He has written on various aspects of international finance, including international banking, financial crises, financial centres, interbank markets and network analysis, as well as on global (re)insurance against natural disasters. Goetz is also a regular contributor to the BIS Annual Report and Quarterly Review. From 2009 to 2011 he worked for the Committee on the Global Financial System and coordinated various working groups in that capacity. Goetz holds an MSc and BSc from the London School of Economics, and a PhD in economics from Columbia University.
Fields of interest
- Financial institutions and microprudential issues (incl. banking supervision)
- Financial stability and macroprudential issues
- International finance
|Date||BIS research papers|
BIS Working Papers No 589
BIS Quarterly Review March 2016
Other authors: Patrick McGuire
BIS Working Papers No 455
BIS Quarterly Review December 2012
Other authors: Sebastian von Dahlen
BIS Working Papers No 394
BIS Working Papers No 357
BIS Working Papers No 322
Other authors: Ben Craig
BIS Working Papers No 311
BIS Quarterly Review March 2010
BIS Working Papers No 291
Other authors: Patrick McGuire
- " Filling in the blanks: network structure and interbank contagion" (with K Anand and B Craig), Quantitative Finance, vol 15, no 4, 2015. Also published as BIS Working Papers, no 455.
- " Interbank tiering and money center banks" (with B Craig), Journal of Financial Intermediation, vol 23, issue 3, 2014. Also published as BIS Working Papers, no 322.
- " Asset prices and banking distress: a macroeconomic approach", Journal of Financial Stability, vol 5, no 3, 2016
- " Rescue packages and bank lending" (with M Brei and L Gambacorta), Journal of Banking and Finance, vol 37, issue 2, 2013. Also published as BIS Working Papers, no 357.
- " After the global financial crisis: from international to multinational banking?" (with R McCauley), Journal of Economics and Business, vol 64, issue 1, 2012.
- " The US dollar shortage in global banking and the international policy response" (with P McGuire), International Finance, vol 15, issue 2, 2012. Also published as BIS Working Papers, no 291.
- " Liquidity and crises: a review of Allen et al (2011)", Journal of Economic Literature, vol 50, no 4, 2012.
- " New regulation and the new world of global banking" (with S Cecchetti and D Domanski), National Institute Economic Review, vol 216, no 1, 2011.
- "Resolving the financial crisis: are the lessons from the Nordics being heeded?" (with C Borio and B Vale), Moneda y Crédito vol 230, 2010. Extended version available as BIS Working Papers, no 311.
- " Asset prices and banking distress: a macroeconomic approach", Journal of Financial Stability, vol 5, no 3, 2009, pp 290-319.
- " Distress selling and asset market feedback" (with I Shim), Financial Markets, Institutions and Instruments, vol 16, no 5, December 2007. Also published as BIS Working Papers, no 229.