Gunes joined the BIS in June 2016. Previously he had worked as an adviser in the Modelling Division of the Reserve Bank of New Zealand. He has a bachelor's degree in economics from Galatasaray University, a master's degree in macroeconomics from the University of Paris I, Panthéon-Sorbonne, and a PhD in economics from the Paris School of Economics.
Fields of interest
- International economics
- Econometrics and mathematical models
|Date||BIS research papers|
BIS Working Papers No 688
Other authors: Benjamin Wong
BIS Working Papers No 584
- "Intuitive and reliable estimates of the output gap from a Beveridge-Nelson filter" (with J Morley and B Wong), Review of Economics and Statistics, forthcoming. Also published as BIS Working Papers, no 584.
- "News-driven business cycles in open economies" (with K Theodoridis and C Thoenissen), Journal of International Economics, vol 105, 2017, pp 77-89.
- " Financial frictions and the role of investment-specific technology shocks in the business cycle" (with C Smith and C Thoenissen), Economic Modelling, vol 51, 2015, pp 571–82.
- " Applying an inflation targeting lens to macro-prudential policy institutions" (with O Karagedikli and C Smith), International Journal of Central Banking, September 2015.
- " A note on the business cycle implications of trade in intermediate goods" (with A Eyquem), Macroeconomic Dynamics, vol 18, no 5, 2014, pp 1172–86.
- " Financial exposure and the international transmission of financial shocks" (with C Thoenissen), Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, vol 45, no 2, 2013, pp 127-58.
- "Using estimated models to assess nominal and real rigidities in the United Kingdom" (with S Millard), International Journal of Central Banking, December 2012.
- " The financial accelerator and monetary policy rules" (with C Thoenissen), Economics Letters, vol 115, no 2, 2012, pp 309–13.
- " Inflation dynamics under habit formation in hours", Economics Letters, vol 108, no 3, 2010, pp 269–72.