Emanuel Kohlscheen joined the BIS in the summer of 2014. Previously, he was a Senior Adviser in the Research Department of the Brazilian central bank and a faculty member of the economics department at the University of Warwick in the United Kingdom. His research has focused on issues that are relevant for policymakers in emerging market economies, such as the variations in sovereign risk and the determinants of exchange rates. He earned his PhD in 2004 from the Institute for International Economic Studies in Stockholm.
Fields of interest
- Exchange rates
- Sovereign debt
- Monetary policy
|Date||BIS research papers|
BIS Working Papers No 686
BIS Quarterly Review March 2017
Other authors: Enisse Kharroubi
BIS Quarterly Review September 2016
BIS Working Papers No 551
BIS Working Papers No 548
Other authors: Andrés Murcia Pabón
BIS Papers No 83
Other authors: Phurichai Rungcharoenkitkul
The transmission of monetary policy in EMEs in a changing financial environment: a longitudinal analysis
BIS Working Papers No 495
Other authors: Ken Miyajima
What have central banks in EMEs learned about the international transmission of monetary policy in recent years?
BIS Papers No 78
BIS Working Papers No 426
- " When the walk is not random: commodity prices and exchange rates" (with F Avalos and A Schrimpf), International Journal of Central Banking, vol 13, no 2, June 2017, pp 121-58. Also published as BIS Working Papers, no 551.
- " Official FX interventions through derivatives" (with S Andrade), Journal of International Money and Finance, vol 47, October 2014, pp 202-16.
- " Long-run determinants of the Brazilian real: a closer look at commodities", International Journal of Finance and Economics, vol 19, no 4, October 2014, pp 239-50.
- " Uma nota sobre erros de previsão da inflação de curto-prazo", Revista Brasileira de Economia, vol 66, no 3, 2012, pp 289-97.
- " Emerging floaters: pass-throughs and (some) new commodity currencies", Journal of International Money and Finance, vol 29, no 8, December 2010, pp 1580-95.
- " Domestic vs external debt servicing: an empirical analysis", International Journal of Finance and Economics, vol 15, no 1, 2010, pp 93-103.
- " Sovereign risk: constitutions rule", Oxford Economic Papers, vol 62, no 1, 2010, pp 62-85.
- " International liquidity swaps: is the Chiang Mai Initiative pooling reserves efficiently?" (with M P Taylor), International Journal of Finance and Economics, vol 13, no 4, 2010, pp 323-32.
- " Debt bailouts and constitutions", Economic Inquiry, vol 46, no 3, 2008, pp 480-92.
- " Why are there serial defaulters? Evidence from constitutions", Journal of Law and Economics, vol 50, no 4, 2007, pp 713-30.