Eli M Remolona
Eli Remolona is Chief Representative for Asia and the Pacific of the BIS. He also serves as the Secretary of the Asian Consultative Council, which consists of the governors of the 12 leading central banks in the region. He is also Associate Editor of the International Journal of Central Banking. Until 2008, he was Head of Economics for Asia and the Pacific of the BIS. Eli joined the BIS in 1999 and for six years served as Head of Financial Markets in Basel and Editor of the BIS Quarterly Review. Before that, he was Research Officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, where he worked for 14 years. He has a Ph.D. in economics from Stanford University.
Fields of interest
- Financial markets
- International finance
- Monetary policy
|Date||BIS research papers|
BIS Working Papers No 541
BIS Working Papers No 527
BIS Quarterly Review September 2015
Other authors: Ilhyock Shim
Why do firms issue abroad? Lessons from onshore and offshore corporate bond finance in Asian emerging markets
BIS Working Papers No 401
BIS Papers No 63
Contagion and risk premia in the amplification of crisis: evidence from Asian names in the global CDS market
BIS Papers No 52
BIS Quarterly Review June 2008
Other authors: Ilhyock Shim
Other authors: Alicia García-Herrero
BIS Quarterly Review December 2007
Other authors: Jacob Gyntelberg
- " The anatomy of sovereign risk contagion" (with E Wu, E Remolona and E Kalotychou), Journal of International Money and Finance, vol 69, 2016, pp 264-86.
- " Infrastructure and Corporate Bond Markets in Asia" (with T Ehlers and F Packer), Financial flows and infrastructure financing, RBA Conference Volume, 2014.
- " How do global investors differentiate between sovereign risks? The new normal versus the old" (with M Amstad and J Shek), Journal of International Money and Finance, January 2016. Also published as BIS Working Papers, no 541.
- " The dynamic pricing of sovereign risk in emerging markets: fundamentals and risk aversion" [with M Scatigna and E Wu], Journal of Fixed Income, Spring 2008, pp. 57-71.
- " Information flows during the Asian crisis: evidence from closed-end funds", [with B Cohen] Journal of International Money and Finance, 2008, pp. 636-653.
- "Attracting foreign participation in Asian local currency bond markets: the case of the Asian bond fund 2 initiative" (with F Packer), Pacific Economic Review, vol 17, no 3, August 2012, pp 415-33.
- " Price formation and liquidity in the US Treasury market: The response to public information", [with M Fleming], Journal of Finance 54, No 5, October 1999, pp. 1901-15.
- " What moves bond prices?" [with M Fleming], Journal of Portfolio Management, Vol 24, No. 4, Summer 1999, pp. 28-38.
- " Two factors along the yield curve", [with F Gong], The Manchester School, Vol. 65. 1997.