Dietrich Domanski is the Deputy Head of the Monetary and Economic Department and Head of Economic Analysis, and oversees the preparation of the regular meetings of central bank Governors at the BIS. Before joining the BIS in 2000, Dietrich headed the capital markets group in the Economics Department of the Deutsche Bundesbank. He also worked as IMF Advisor to Bank Indonesia during the Asian crisis. At the BIS, Dietrich has worked on monetary and financial stability issues in a number of functions, including as Head of the Macroeconomic Analysis unit (2005-07), Secretary to the Committee on the Global Financial System (CGFS) and Head of Policy Analysis. Dietrich has published on a range of financial stability issues in German and English. His main research interests include the interaction of monetary policy, financial markets and the real economy, and the role of financial intermediation in economic development.
Fields of interest
- Monetary policy
- Financial markets
- Banking and finance
|Date||BIS research papers|
BIS Quarterly Review March 2007
Other authors: Alexandra Heath
Other authors: Akash Deep
BIS Conference Papers No 7
Other authors: Hans Bauer
BIS Conference Papers No 5
Other authors: Manfred Kremer
BIS Conference Papers No 1
Other authors: Holger Neuhaus
- " The hunt for duration: not waving but drowning?" ( PDF) (with H S Shin and V Sushko), IMF Economic Review, 2017. Also published as BIS Working Papers, no 519.
- "What is behind equity price movements in Germany? An application of the dividend discount model and its monetary policy implications" (with M Kremer), Transmissionsmechanisment der Geldpolitik, Schiften des Vereins für Socialpolitik, N.F. Band 264, 1999, pp 111-14.
- "Disintermediationstendenzen im deutschen Finanzsystem und ihre Auswirkungen auf die Rolle der Kreditinstitute", in B Gahlen, H Hesse and H-J Ramser (eds), Finanzmärkte, 1997, pp 271-90.
- " Central banks as lender of last resort: experiences during the 2007-2010 crisis and lessons for the future" (with R Moessner and W Nelson), Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-110, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, 2014. Also published in BIS Papers no 79.
- " The great liquidity freeze: What does it mean for international banking" (with P Turner), ADBI Working Paper, no 291, June 2011.
- " New regulation and the new world of global banking" (with G von Peter and S Cecchetti), National Institute Economic Review, vol 216, no 1, 2011.
- " Exit from unconventional monetary policy measures and the future of central bank operational frameworks", in Central banking after the crisis, OeNB 38th Economics Conference 2010, 2010, pp 73-83.