Diego Devos was appointed General Counsel on 1 October 2009. As Head of the Legal Service, Mr Devos serves as a member of the Bank's Executive Committee, which is responsible for implementing the Bank's strategic and policy direction as determined by the Board. Mr Devos joined the BIS in 2006 as Deputy General Counsel, providing legal advice on a broad range of issues. More ...
Fields of interest
- Monetary policy
- Financial stability and macroprudential issues
- Financial market infrastructures
|Date||BIS research papers|
BIS Papers No 72
- "Special immunities: Bank for International Settlements", in R Lastra and L Buchheit (eds), Sovereign debt management, 2014, Chapter 10.
- " Cross-border bank resolution: a reform agenda" (with E Hüpkes), in M Giovanoli and D Devos (eds), International monetary and financial law - the global crisis, Oxford University Press, 2010, pp 359-77.
- " 'Soft law' and the Bank for International Settlements", presentation at the European University Institute seminar "Public and private regulation in European banking", 6 March 2008.
- " Legal protection of payment and securities settlement systems and of collateral transactions in European Union legislation", in International Monetary Fund (ed), Current developments in monetary and financial law, vol 5, 2008, pp 471-554.
- La loi applicable aux titres intermédiés: l'apport de la Convention de la Haye de décembre 2002 (with J-P Deguée), Revue de Droit Commercial (belge), 2006, pp 5-32.
- " The Hague Convention on the Law applicable to book-entry securities - The relevance for the European System of Central Banks" in ECB, Legal Aspects of the European System of Central Banks, Liber Amicorum Paolo Zamboni, 2005, pp 377-95.
- " La Loi (belge) relative aux sûretés financières du 15 décembre 2004" (with J-P Deguée), Revue (belge) Droit bancaire et financier, 2005, pp 155-63.
- "The Directive 2002/47/EC on Financial Collateral Arrangements of June 6, 2002" in A De Walsche and G Vandersanden (eds), Mélanges en hommage à Jean-Victor Louis, 2003, pp 263-84.
- "The European Directive of 19 May 1998 on settlement finality in payment and securities settlement systems", in G Ferrarini, K Hopt and E Wymeersch (eds), Capital markets in the age of the euro: cross-border transactions, listed companies and regulation, Wolters Kluwer, 2002.
- "Belgian Report" (with M Bart Servaes), in R Potok (ed), Cross-border collateral: legal risk and the conflict of laws, Butterworths, 2002, p 113.
- "Specific cross-border problems regarding bank insolvencies and European harmonization efforts", in M Giovanoli and G Heinrich (eds), International bank insolvencies: a central bank perspective, Bank for International Settlements, Kluwer Law International, 1999, pp 311-26.
- " L'éthique financière en droit européen", Revue ECU, no 24, 1993, pp 34-45.