Corrinne Ho joined the BIS in 2000 as an economist in the Monetary and Economic Department. From 2003 to 2007, she was on assignment in the BIS Representative Office for Asia and the Pacific, located in Hong Kong. She returned to Basel in 2008, took up responsibility as the Secretary to the Markets Committee in 2009, and was appointed Adviser to the General Manager in 2013. Before joining the BIS, she was at Princeton University, teaching for the Economics Department and the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, while completing her doctoral degree in Economics. She wrote her doctoral dissertation on modern-day currency boards. Her areas of interest include monetary policy (in particular, central bank operations) and foreign exchange markets.
Fields of interest
- International finance
- Exchange rates
- Central banking
|Date||BIS research papers|
BIS Papers No 48
BIS Working Papers No 253
BIS Working Papers No 245
Other authors: Chayawadee Chai-Anant
BIS Quarterly Review March 2007
Living with flexible exchange rates: issues and recent experience in inflation targeting emerging market economies
BIS Working Papers No 130
Other authors: Robert Neil McCauley
BIS Working Papers No 110
BIS Working Papers No 105
Other authors: Gabriele Galati
- " Assessment of solutions to US financial crisis of 2008-09" (with F Signoretti), in G Caprio (ed), The evidence and impact of financial globalization, Academic Press, 2012, pp 721-35.
- " Global liquidity: where it comes from and why it matters" (with P Catte), in J Boorman and A Icard (eds), Reform of the international monetary system, SAGE Publications Pvt Ltd, 2011, pp 209-17.
- " Implementing monetary policy in the 2000s: operating procedures in Asia and beyond", in P Siklos, M Bohl and M Wohar (eds), Challenges in central banking: the current institutional environment and forces affecting monetary policy, Cambridge University Press, 2010, pp 83-117. Longer original available as BIS Working Papers, no 253, June 2008.
- " The domestic financial consequences of reserve accumulation: some evidence from Asia" (with R McCauley), in R Rajan, S Thangavelu and R Parinduri (eds), Exchange rate, monetary and financial issues and policies in Asia, World Scientific, 2009, pp 117-53.
- " The markets for non-deliverable forwards in Asian currencies" (with G Ma and R McCauley), China Money, no 38, December 2004, pp 4-8. Longer original version available in BIS Quarterly Review, June 2004, pp 81-94.
- " Macroeconomic news and the euro/dollar exchange rate" (with G Galati), Economic Notes, vol 32, November 2003, pp 371-98. Original available as BIS Working Papers, no 105, January 2002.