Fact sheet - Irving Fisher Committee on Central Bank Statistics
The objective of the IFC is to promote the exchange of views amongst central bank economists, statisticians and policy makers as well as others who want to participate in discussing statistical issues of interest to central banks, including those relating to economic, monetary and financial stability. The IFC in particular strives to strengthen the relationship between compilers of statistics and the community of users and analysts of statistical information, both in and outside central banks (IFC Flyer).
The IFC has four categories of members (see IFC Statutes). The main one comprises the full institutional members, ie central banks or international and regional organisations formally involved in central banking issues.
The IFC is currently chaired by Mr Turalay Kenç, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey. The Committee is composed of the designated representatives of the full institutional members. It elects the Executive which manages the affairs of the IFC in accordance with the Statutes and the decisions and guidelines of the Committee.
Current members of the Executive:
- Chair: Mr Turalay KENÇ, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey
- Vice chair: Mrs Katherine HENNINGS, Central Bank of Brazil
- Vice chair: Mr Aurel SCHUBERT, European Central Bank
- Mr João CADETE DE MATOS, Bank of Portugal
- Mr Eugeniusz GATNAR, National Bank of Poland
- Mr Masahiro HIGO, Bank of Japan
- Mr Robert KIRCHNER, Deutsche Bundesbank
- Mr Seung Hwan PARK, Bank of Korea
- Mr Olorunsola Emmanuel OLOWOFESO, Central Bank of Nigeria
- Mr Charles THOMAS, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Mr TOH Hock Chai, Central Bank of Malaysia
The BIS provides the Secretariat of the Committee. Bruno Tissot, Head of Statistics and Research Support, is the senior BIS official responsible for IFC matters. The Secretariat is also supported by Christian Dembiermont and Claudia Huber.