Yavuz joined the BIS in 2015 from the Central Bank of Turkey, where he was the deputy head of the Research and Monetary Policy Department. He was previously an economist in the same department. He has a PhD from the University of Rochester and a Bachelor of Chemistry from Bilkent University in Turkey.
Fields of interest
- Monetary policy
- International Economics
- " Risk sharing and real exchange rates: the role of non-tradable sector and trend shocks" (with C Akkoyun and M Kilinc), Journal of International Money and Finance, vol 73, part A, May 2017, pp 232-48. Also published as BIS Working Papers, no 613.
- " Joint dynamics of house prices and foreclosures" (with B Guler and T Taskin), Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, vol 47, issue S1, March/April 2015, pp 133-69.
- " Expectation errors, uncertainty, and economic activity" (with A Atabek, T Hulagu and S Sahinoz), Oxford Economic Papers, vol 67, no 3, February 2015, pp 634-60.
- " Global imbalances, current account rebalancing and exchange rate adjustments" (with M Kılınç and M I Turhan ), Journal of Policy Modeling, vol 37, no 1, March-April 2015, pp 324-41.
- " Interest rate fluctuations and equilibrium in the housing market", The BE Journal of Macroeconomics, vol 14, no 1, February 2014, pp 173-204.
- "Anticipated vs unanticipated house price movements and transaction volume" (with B Kanik and B Koksal), Journal of Housing Economics, vol 28, issue c, 2015, pp 121-9.
- " Housing prices and transaction volume" (with C Akkoyun and B Kanik), Journal of Housing Economics, vol 22, no 2, June 2013, pp 119-134.
- " Quality growth versus inflation in Turkey" (with E Ceritoglu), Emerging markets finance and trade, vol 49, no 2, 2013, pp 31-43.