Vladyslav Sushko joined the BIS after completing his PhD in International Economics at the University of California, Santa Cruz. Previously, he developed forecasting models for a major credit card company, worked on consulting projects for the World Bank, and held visiting positions at the University of Tokyo and the Institute of Innovation Research at Hitotsubashi University.
Fields of interest
- Financial markets
- International capital flows
|Date||BIS research papers|
Working Papers No 484
Working Papers No 483
BIS Papers No 79
Other authors: Dietrich Domanski
BIS Quarterly Review September 2014
Working Papers No 425
Financial sector ups and downs and the real sector in the open economy: Up by the stairs, down by the parachute
Working Papers No 411
Working Papers No 371
- With R McCauley and P McGuire (2015): " Global dollar credit: links to US monetary policy and leverage", Economic Policy, vol 30, pp 187-229, March. Also published as BIS Working Papers no 483.
- With M Nirei and J Caballero (2015): " Bank capital shock propagation via syndicated interconnectedness", Computational Economics, online 14 February. Also published as BIS Working Papers no 484.
- With J Aizenman and B Pinto (2013):" Financial sector ups and downs and the real sector in the open economy: Up by the stairs, down by the parachute", Emerging Markets Review, vol 16, pp 1-30. Also published as BIS Working Papers no 411.
- With M Hutchison (2013): " Impact of macroeconomic surprises on carry trade activity", Journal of Banking & Finance, vol 37, no 4, pp 1133-47.
- With J Aizenman and J Lee (2012): " From the Great Moderation to the global crisis: exchange market pressure in the 2000s", Open Economies Review, vol 23, no 4, pp 597-621.
- With M Dooley and Y-W Cheung (2012): " Investment and growth in rich and poor countries", NBER Working Papers, no 17788.
- With M Nirei (2011): " Jumps in foreign exchange rates and stochastic unwinding of carry trades", International Review of Economics & Finance, vol 20, no 1, pp 110-27.
- With J Aizenman (2011): " Capital flows: catalyst or hindrance to economic takeoffs?", NBER Working Papers, no 17258, July.
- With J Aizenman (2011): " Capital flow types, external financing needs, and industrial growth: 99 countries, 1991-2007", NBER Working Papers, no 17228, July.