Vladyslav Sushko joined the BIS after completing his PhD in International Economics at the University of California, Santa Cruz. Previously, he developed forecasting models for a major credit card company, worked on consulting projects for the World Bank, and held visiting positions at the University of Tokyo and the Institute of Innovation Research at Hitotsubashi University.
Fields of interest
- Financial markets
- International capital flows
|Date||BIS research papers|
BIS Quarterly Review December 2015
Working Papers No 519
Working Papers No 484
Working Papers No 483
BIS Papers No 79
Other authors: Dietrich Domanski
BIS Quarterly Review September 2014
Working Papers No 425
Financial sector ups and downs and the real sector in the open economy: Up by the stairs, down by the parachute
Working Papers No 411
Working Papers No 371
- “The hunt for duration: not waving but drowning?” (with H-S Shin and V Sushko), IMF Economic Review, forthcoming. Also published as BIS Working Papers no 519.
- " The response of tail risk perceptions to unconventional monetary policy" (with M Hattori and A Schrimpf), American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, vol 8, no 2, 2016, pp 111-36.
- " US monetary policy, leverage and offshore dollar credit" (with R McCauley and P McGuire), Economic Policy, vol 30, no 82, April 2015, pp 187-229. Also published [abridged Chinese version] in Chinamoney, November 2015, pp 58-62, and as BIS Working Papers, no 483, January 2015.
- " Bank capital shock propagation via syndicated interconnectedness" (with M Nirei and J Caballero), Computational Economics, February 2015. Also published as BIS Working Papers no 484.
- " Financial sector ups and downs and the real sector in the open economy: Up by the stairs, down by the parachute" (with J Aizenman and B Pinto), Emerging Markets Review, vol 16, 2013, pp 1-30. Also published as BIS Working Papers no 411.
- " Impact of macroeconomic surprises on carry trade activity" (with M Hutchison), Journal of Banking & Finance, vol 37, no 4, 2013, pp 1133-47.
- " From the Great Moderation to the global crisis: exchange market pressure in the 2000s" (with J Aizenman and J Lee), Open Economies Review, vol 23, no 4, 2012, pp 597-621.
- " Investment and growth in rich and poor countries" (with M Dooley and Y-W Cheung), NBER Working Papers, no 17788, 2012.
- " Jumps in foreign exchange rates and stochastic unwinding of carry trades" (with M Nirei), International Review of Economics & Finance, vol 20, no 1, 2011, pp 110-27.
- " Capital flows: catalyst or hindrance to economic takeoffs?" (with J Aizenman), NBER Working Papers, no 17258, July 2011.
- " Capital flow types, external financing needs, and industrial growth: 99 countries, 1991-2007" (with J Aizenman), NBER Working Papers, no 17228, July 2011.