Marco Jacopo Lombardi
Marco Jacopo Lombardi joined the BIS in June 2012 from the European Central Bank, where he worked in the Directorate General Economics. While with the ECB, Marco also spent five months as a visitor to the International Department of the Bank of Canada. Prior to joining the ECB, he was assistant professor at the University of Pisa and taught Bayesian econometrics, statistics and time series analysis. Marco holds a PhD in applied statistics from the University of Florence and has been Max Weber Fellow of the European University Institute. Before joining the BIS Monetary Policy team in 2016, he worked in the Macroeconomic Analysis unit and in the Hong Kong representative office. Marco's research covers a broad range of applied issues, including monetary policy, commodities, econometric methods, forecasting and DSGE models.
Fields of interest
- Monetary policy
- Econometrics and mathematical methods
- International economics
|Date||BIS research papers|
Output gaps and policy stabilisation in Latin America: the effect of commodity and capital flow cycles
Working Papers No 568
Working Papers No 552
BIS Quarterly Review March 2015
BIS Quarterly Review March 2015
Working Papers No 487
Other authors: Fernando Avalos
Working Papers No 486
Working Papers No 477
Working Papers No 452
Other authors: Feng Zhu
Has Asian emerging market monetary policy been too procyclical when responding to swings in commodity prices?
BIS Papers No 77
Other authors: Andrew Filardo
BIS Quarterly Review September 2013
Other authors: Anamaria Illes
- " On the correlation between commodity and equity returns: implications for portfolio allocation" (with F Ravazzolo), Journal of Commodity Markets, forthcoming. Also published as BIS Working Papers, no 420.
- " Has the transmission of policy rates to lending rates changed in the wake of the Global Financial Crisis?" (with L Gambacorta and A Illes), International Finance, vol 18, no 3, 2015, pp 263-80. Also published as BIS Working Papers no 477.
- " The impact of monetary policy shocks on commodity prices" (with A Anzuini and P Pagano), International Journal of Central Banking, vol 9, 2013, pp 119-44.
- " Seasonal adjustment and the detection of business cycle phases" (with A Matas-Mir and D Osborn), Journal of Applied Econometrics, vol 23, no 2, 2008, pp 257-78.
- " Measuring international spillovers during economic expansions and slowdowns" (with R Calvi and F Di Mauro), in Y-W Cheung and F Westermann (eds), Global interdependence, decoupling, and recoupling, MIT Press, Cambridge, 2013, pp 19-36.
- " External shocks and international inflation linkages" (with A Galesi), in F Di Mauro and M Pesaran (eds), The GVAR handbook, Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2013, pp 70-82.
- " Bayesian prior elicitation in DSGE models: macro- vs micro-priors" (with G Nicoletti), Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol 36, no 2, 2012, pp 294-313.
- " Global commodity cycles and linkages: a FAVAR approach" (with C Osbat and B Schnatz), Empirical Economics, vol 43, 2012, pp 651-70.
- " The role of financial variables in predicting economic activity" (with R Espinoza and F Fornari), Journal of Forecasting, vol 31, 2012, pp 15-46.
- " Short-term forecasting of the Japanese economy using factor models" (with C Godbout), ECB Working Papers, no 1428, 2012.
- " Forecasting economic growth in the euro area during the Great Moderation and the Great Recession" (with P Maier), ECB Working Papers, no 1379, 2011.
- " Do financial investors destabilize oil prices?" (with I van Robays), ECB Working Papers, no 1346, 2011.
- Catching the flu from the United States: synchronization and transmission mechanisms to the euro area (with F Di Mauro and S Dées), Palgrave Macmillan, Cambridge, 2010.
- " Indirect estimation of alpha-stable stochastic volatility models" (with G Calzolari), Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, vol 53, 2009, pp 2298-308.
- " Indirect estimation of elliptical stable distributions" (with D Veredas), Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, vol 53, 2009, pp 2309-24.
- " Indirect estimation of alpha-stable distributions and processes" (with G Calzolari), Econometrics Journal, vol 11, no 1, 2008, pp 193-208.
- " The effect of seasonal adjustment on the properties of business cycle regimes" (with A Matas-Mir and D Osborn), Journal of Applied Econometrics, vol 23, 2008, pp 257-78.
- " Unnaturally low? A sequential Monte Carlo tracking of the natural interest rate" (with S Sgherri), ECB Working Papers, no 794, 2007.
- " Bayesian inference for alpha-stable distributions: a random walk MCMC approach", Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, vol 51, 2007, pp 2688-2700.
- " On-line Bayesian estimation of signals in symmetric alpha-stable noise" (with S Godsill), IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol 54, 2006, pp 775-9.
- "Analytic Hessian matrices and the computation of FIGARCH estimates" (with G Gallo), Statistical Methods and Applications, vol 11, 2002, pp 247-64.