Marco Jacopo Lombardi
Marco Jacopo Lombardi joined the BIS in June 2012, after four years in the Directorate General Economics of the European Central Bank. He also spent five months in the International Department of the Bank of Canada. Prior to joining the ECB, Marco was assistant professor at the University of Pisa and taught Bayesian Econometrics, Statistics and Time Series Analysis. Marco holds a PhD from the University of Florence and has been Max Weber Fellow of the European University Institute. His analytical work covers a broad range of applied issues, including econometric methods, forecasting, commodities and DSGE models.
|Date||BIS research papers|
BIS Quarterly Review March 2015
BIS Quarterly Review March 2015
Working Papers No 487
Other authors: Fernando Avalos
Working Papers No 486
Working Papers No 477
Working Papers No 452
Other authors: Feng Zhu
Has Asian emerging market monetary policy been too procyclical when responding to swings in commodity prices?
BIS Papers No 77
Other authors: Andrew Filardo
BIS Quarterly Review September 2013
Other authors: Anamaria Illes
Working Papers No 420
Other authors: Francesco Ravazzolo
- " The use of payment systems data as early indicators of economic activity" (with C Conesa, L Gambacorta and S Gorjon), Applied Economics Letters, 2015, forthcoming.
- " The impact of monetary policy shocks on commodity prices" (with A Anzuini and P Pagano), International Journal of Central Banking, vol 9, 2013, pp 119-44.
- " Measuring international spillovers during economic expansions and slowdowns" (with R Calvi and F Di Mauro), in Y-W Cheung and F Westermann (eds), Global interdependence, decoupling, and recoupling, MIT Press, Cambridge, 2013, pp 19-36.
- " External shocks and international inflation linkages" (with A Galesi), in F Di Mauro and M Pesaran (eds), The GVAR handbook, Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2013, pp 70-82.
- " Bayesian prior elicitation in DSGE models: macro- vs micro-priors" (with G Nicoletti), Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol 36, 2012, pp 294-313.
- " Global commodity cycles and linkages: a FAVAR approach" (with C Osbat and B Schnatz), Empirical Economics, vol 43, 2012, pp 651-70.
- " The role of financial variables in predicting economic activity" (with R Espinoza and F Fornari), Journal of Forecasting, vol 31, 2012, pp 15-46.
- " Short-term forecasting of the Japanese economy using factor models" (with C Godbout), ECB Working Papers, no 1428, 2012.
- " Forecasting economic growth in the euro area during the Great Moderation and the Great Recession" (with P Maier), ECB Working Papers, no 1379, 2011.
- " Do financial investors destabilize oil prices?" (with I van Robays), ECB Working Papers, no 1346, 2011.
- Catching the flu from the United States: synchronization and transmission mechanisms to the euro area (with F Di Mauro and S Dées), Palgrave Macmillan, Cambridge, 2010.
- " Indirect estimation of alpha-stable stochastic volatility models" (with G Calzolari), Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, vol 53, 2009, pp 2298-308.
- " Indirect estimation of elliptical stable distributions" (with D Veredas), Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, vol 53, 2009, pp 2309-24.
- " Indirect estimation of alpha-stable distributions and processes" (with G Calzolari), Econometrics Journal, vol 11, 2008, pp 193-208.
- " The effect of seasonal adjustment on the properties of business cycle regimes" (with A Matas-Mir and D Osborn), Journal of Applied Econometrics, vol 23, 2008, pp 257-78.
- " Unnaturally low? A sequential Monte Carlo tracking of the natural interest rate" (with S Sgherri), ECB Working Papers, no 794, 2007.
- " Bayesian inference for alpha-stable distributions: a random walk MCMC approach", Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, vol 51, 2007, pp 2688-2700.
- " On-line Bayesian estimation of signals in symmetric alpha-stable noise" (with S Godsill), IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol 54, 2006, pp 775-9.
- "Analytic Hessian matrices and the computation of FIGARCH estimates" (with G Gallo), Statistical Methods and Applications, vol 11, 2002, pp 247-64.