Luiz Awazu Pereira da Silva
Luiz Awazu Pereira da Silva became Deputy General Manager on 1 October 2015. Before joining the BIS, Mr Pereira da Silva, a Brazilian national, had been Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Brazil since 2010. Prior to that, he worked in various positions for the World Bank in Washington DC, Tokyo and southern Africa. He also served as Chief Economist for the Brazilian Ministry of Budget and Planning, and as Brazil's Deputy Finance Minister in charge of international affairs.
Fields of interest
- Monetary policy
- Financial stability and macroprudential issues
- DSGE models
|Date||BIS research papers|
BIS Quarterly Review September 2017
BIS Working Papers No 643
BIS Papers No 86
|01 Feb 2016||
Old and new challenges for 2016 and beyond: strengthening confidence by re-anchoring long-term expectations
Speech by Mr Luiz Awazu Pereira da Silva, Deputy General Manager of the BIS, at the Lamfalussy Lecture Series: Professor Lamfalussy Commemorative Conference, Budapest, 1 February 2016.
|16 Dec 2015||
"Sudden floods" and sudden stops of capital flows in an environment of ultra-low interest rates: an equal opportunity menace for emerging market and advanced economies alike
Remarks by Mr Luiz Awazu Pereira da Silva, Deputy General Manager of the BIS, at the 51st SEACEN Governors' High-Level Seminar, Manila, 26 November 2015.
- Inflation targeting and financial stability: a perspective from the developing world (with P-R Agénor), Inter-American Development Bank and Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, 2013.
- " Sudden floods, macroprudential regulation and stability in an open economy" (with P-R Agénor and K Alper), Journal of International Money and Finance, vol 48, November 2014, pp 68-100.
- " Macroprudential regulation and the monetary transmission mechanism" (with P-R Agénor), Journal of Financial Stability, vol 13, August 2014, pp 44-63.
- "Capital regulation, monetary policy, and financial stability" (with P-R Agénor and K Alper), International Journal of Central Banking, September 2013, pp 193-238.
- " Capital requirements and business cycles with credit market imperfections" (with P-R Agénor and K Alper), Journal of Macroeconomics, vol 34, issue 3, September 2012, pp 687-705.
- " Cyclical effects of bank capital requirements with imperfect credit markets" (with P-R Agénor), Journal of Financial Stability, vol 8, January 2012, pp 43-56.
- "Macroeconomic stability, financial stability, and monetary policy rules" (with P-R Agénor), International Finance, vol 15, no 2, 2012, pp 205-24.