Adrian Van Rixtel
Adrian joined the BIS in 2012. He has written on financial markets, financial crises, international banking, bank competition and funding, and monetary policy. Adrian is a regular contributor to the BIS Quarterly Review on the BIS international banking statistics. Before joining the BIS, he held positions at the Netherlands Bank, the ECB and the Bank of Spain. Adrian was visiting researcher at the Bank of Japan. He also worked at private financial institutions in Amsterdam and London, primarily in research-related activities. Adrian holds an MA from Tilburg University and a PhD from the Tinbergen Institute, Free University Amsterdam. He was visiting associate professor at Hitotsubashi University and taught at IE and CUNEF business schools in Madrid.
Fields of interest
- Monetary policy
- Financial markets
- Financial stability and macroprudential issues
|Date||BIS research papers|
Measuring bank competition in China: a comparison of new versus conventional approaches applied to loan markets
Working Papers No 422
Working Papers No 412
Other authors: Leonardo Gambacorta
Working Papers No 406
Other authors: Gabriele Gasperini
Other authors: Jaime Caruana
- " Impact of bank competition on the interest rate pass-through in the euro area" (with M Leuvensteijn, C Kok-Sørensen and J Bikker), Applied Economics, vol 45, no 11, 2013.
- " Business models of international banks in the wake of the 2007-2009 global financial crisis" (with M Merck Martel and E González Mota), Financial Stability Review, Bank of Spain, 2012.
- " Globalisation of the bond and stock markets: The Japanese case in international perspective" (with I Alexopoulou and G de Bondt), in B Gup (ed), Capital markets, globalization and economic development, 2005.
- Informality and monetary policy in Japan: The political economy of bank performance, Cambridge University Press, 2002.
- " Main changes in the financial structure of the euro-zone since the introduction of the euro" (with J Santillán and D Marques Ibañez), OECD Financial Market Trends, 2000.