Asian Office research networks
The Asian research networks aim to facilitate the sharing of policy-relevant research among network members and promote further research on topics of interest to central banks (and supervisory authorities) in the Asia-Pacific region. Two networks were established in January 2007: the Monetary Policy and Exchange Rate Network (MPER Network) and the Financial Markets and Institutions Network (FMI Network).
The networks function on the basis of informal, voluntary cooperation among peers. Their objectives are to:
- Foster contacts among central banks, supervisory authorities
- Identify policy issues of common interest
- Share ongoing research and data
- Organise research workshops and conferences
- Encourage collaboration on research projects