Regular OTC Derivatives Market Statistics
- notional amounts of all types of OTC contracts rebounded somewhat to stand at $605 trillion at the end of June 2009, 10% above the level six months before,
- gross market values decreased by 21% to $25 trillion,
- gross credit exposures fell by 18% from an end-2008 peak of $4.5 trillion to $3.7 trillion,
- notional amounts of CDS contracts continued to decline, albeit at a slower pace than in the second half of 2008 and
- CDS gross market values shrank by 42%, following an increase of 60% during the previous six-month period.
Comprehensive explanatory notes in the release define the coverage of the statistics and the terms used in presenting them.