Central bank policy rates
Updated 14 February 2018
The BIS is now publishing a data set on the monetary policy rates of central banks, in daily and monthly frequency. The published series cover 38 central banks, with monthly data starting in 1946 for several countries.
This data set contains the monetary policy rates of 38 central banks. In undertaking this work, the BIS has collaborated closely with national central banks who participated in the selection of the policy rate(s). The data set also contains historical information on policy rates, going back to 1946 for several countries.
- Daily data (CSV, last updated 14 February 2018)
- Monthly data (XLSX, last updated 14 February 2018)
- Tables on central bank policy rates (from the Statistical Bulletin)
- Documentation on the central bank policy rates (pdf, last updated 16 November 2017)
Research and analysis
In the September 2017 issue of the BIS Quarterly Review, "Recent enhancements to the BIS statistics" summarised the characteristics of the data set.
View our release calendar for advance notice of publication dates.
Browse and download data
The data series on central bank policy rates can also be generated using:
- BIS Statistics Explorer - a browsing tool for pre-defined views of the BIS's most current data
- BIS Statistics Warehouse - an search tool for customised queries of BIS's most current data
The statistics can also be downloaded in a single CSV file.
For queries regarding central bank policy rates, please write to statistics$bis.org (where "$" denotes "@").