Joachim supports central bank clients in strategic asset allocation, asset liability management and outsourcing. Before joining the BIS, he worked for the World Bank Treasury and the ECB. He has a master's and a doctorate in economics from the University of Osnabrück, Germany.
Fields of interest
- Financial markets
- International capital flows
- " Reserves adequacy and diversification" (with V Sahakyan), in A Berkelaar, J Coche and K Nyholm (eds), Central Bank Reserves and Sovereign Wealth Management, September 2009.
- " Implications of optimal investment policies for hybrid pension plans: sponsor and member perspectives" (with P Albrecht, R Maurer and R Rogalla), in D Blitzstein, O Mitchell and S Utkus (eds), Restructuring retirement risks, September 2006.
- " A factor risk model with reference returns for the US dollar and Japanese yen bond markets" (with C Bernadell and K Nyholm), ECB Working Papers, no 641, June 2006.
- " Yield curve prediction for the strategic investor" (with C Bernadell and K Nyholm), ECB Working Papers, no 472, April 2005.
- " Strategic asset allocation for foreign exchange reserves" (with P Cardon), in C Bernadell, P Cardon, J Coche, F Diebold and S Manganelli (eds), Risk management for central bank foreign reserves, May 2005.
- " An evolutionary approach to the examination of capital market efficiency", Journal of Evolutionary Economics, vol 8, no 4, 1998.