Jimmy Shek is a Senior Research Analyst at the BIS Representative Office for Asia and the Pacific in Hong Kong SAR and has worked on a number of research projects related to emerging market economies, financial markets and international economics. He worked at BIS headquarters in Basel for four years as a Statistical Analyst in the Departmental Research Support unit of the Monetary and Economic Department. He holds a BSSc and an MPhil in economics from the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Fields of interest
- Developing Asia
- Financial markets
- International finance
|Date||BIS research papers|
BIS Working Papers No 541
BIS Working Papers No 509
BIS Quarterly Review September 2013
BIS Quarterly Review September 2010
- " How do global investors differentiate between sovereign risks? The new normal versus the old" (with M Amstad and E Remolona), Journal of International Money and Finance, January 2016. Also published as BIS Working Papers, no 541.
- " Countercyclical loan loss provisioning in Asia" (with F Packer and H Zhu), SEACEN Financial Stability Journal, vol 3, 2014, pp 25-58.
- " A global tour of commercial property and REIT markets" (with F Packer and T Riddiough), International Real Estate Review, vol 17, issue 2, 2014, pp 241-74.
- " Securitisation and the supply cycle: evidence from the REIT market" (with F Packer and T Riddiough), Journal of Portfolio Management, vol 39, no 5, 2013, pp 134-43.
- " How efficient has been China's investment? Empirical evidence from national and provincial data" (with D He and W Zhang), Pacific Economic Review, vol 12, no 5, 2007, pp 597-617.
- "A model of the IMF as a coinsurance arrangement", IMF Working Papers, no 04/219, 2015.