BoK-BIS conference on Macroprudential regulation and policy: Call for Papers
Macroprudential regulation and policy
Joint conference of the Bank of Korea and the Bank for International Settlements, 17-18 January 2011, Seoul, Korea
The conference aims to bring academics together with researchers at central banks and other policy institutions to present ongoing theoretical and empirical work on macroprudential regulation and policy. Scheduled for a day and a half, the meeting will include presenters and discussants, a high-level policy panel, and keynote addresses by Stefan Ingves, Governor of Sveriges Riksbank, and Professor Hyun Song Shin, Princeton University.
Many national authorities are introducing or enhancing macroprudential regulation and supervision. The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision is finalising its proposals for new international standards that integrate microprudential and macroprudential elements. Prominent issues in these efforts include how to deal with systemic risk, identifying vulnerabilities in the financial sector, and mitigating procyclicality through macroprudential instruments such as capital requirements and loan-to-value ratios.
Relevant topics for papers include, but are not limited to:
- How to identify and measure systemic risk for financial institutions and markets
- How to design and calibrate prudential regulation of systemic risk
- How to conduct macro stress tests
- Regulation of cross-border banking activities
- Prudential regulation of capital flows
- Sources and mechanisms of procyclicality in the financial system
- How to design and calibrate countercyclical prudential tools
- Early warning indicators / exercises
- Policy implications of asset price movements
- Macroeconomic impact of financial regulation
- Relationship between microprudential and macroprudential regulation
- Nexus between monetary policy and macroprudential policy
Submission of papers:
Interested authors should submit a draft paper in electronic form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September 2010. The authors of accepted papers will be notified by end-October 2010.
The organisers will cover reasonable expenses for travel and accommodation for the authors of accepted papers.